The Catt Box

       Up-dated February 4, 2013


The Latest 'Scoop' From The Catt Box! 



I used to update my website a lot more than I do now. Even though my ex husband and I have been divorced since 2006, and split up two years before that, his new wife likes to snoop here and see what I'm doing.  She even reads my doll stories.             

It's creepy that she comes here at all. 

It's right up there with knowing someone is looking thru your bedroom window. I never go in search for her or my ex. I don't concern myself with what they are doing. Their life is of no interest to me. 

I'd have to care to do that, and I don't. 

She got what she wanted...allll of my old problems, his screwed up family, and all that baggage. And now they are all HERS. 

I have upgraded to a MUCH better boyfriend than my ex husband could ever be. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. Every single area of my life is WICKED better than before. For as bad as I was hurt over their affair and all the pain that went with it, things have ended up better for me than I could have ever dreamed. That's why I could never look back at my marriage and want ANY of it.

She didn't win the prize, I did. :-)

At least I had the common sense to NOT end up with a cheater and a liar and someone who would abandon their wife. THAT is the man SHE chose. She went into it KNOWING he was a cheater and a liar. Their relationship was built on a foundation of lies, cheating, deception, and betrayal. They hurt more than just one person with their affair. And my ex went into it KNOWING that she had no problem seeing a married man. 

Tom and I can shout from the rooftops as to how we got together and not feel any shame. We never hurt anyone, cheated , lied, or betrayed a soul. We met a year and a half after my ex walked out. 

The man I chose isn't a liar or a cheater whatsoever. We went into OUR relationship with dignity. I could never be with a man who would hurt someone the way my ex hurt me. I could never be with a man who abandoned his wife of 18 years without transportation or any help.

But, that's what SHE wanted. That's who SHE is with. That's the best SHE could do....get another woman's husband. Well, you got him, honey!

So be it. It's her problem now. You know the old saying..."When someone reveals something about themselves to you, BELIEVE it the FIRST TIME."

They both deserve each other.

So, I don't update as much as I used to. I just think she's creepy to slink around trying to find out what I'm up to. She's so secretive and all 'cloak and dagger'. I guess that's just how 'her kind' are. It comes in handy when seeing married men. 

I just think that since she got what she wanted, she needs to move on and leave me alone and mind HER OWN business. My life should be of no concern to HER. 


Concealed Weapons Permit

Well, it sure has been a long time since I've been here to work on my website. Time gets away from me so quickly. 

Tom and I have been together for 7 years. We're still going strong and things are great!

Recently we took a class to get our Concealed Weapons Permit. YAY!

It was so much fun. And we especially enjoyed going to the shooting range to shoot our guns. We loved it.

The course was taught by 1st Defense Solutions. It was excellent. These guys made the class a lot of fun and VERY informative. 


My Voodoo Queen Doll will be in a movie!


I sold a Voodoo Queen doll on Feb. 29, 2012 that will be used in a movie that was being filmed at the time called 'Now You See Me', and it won't be released till June 7, 2013.

It stars Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Jesse Eisenberg, Michael Cain, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Isla Fisher, etc. 

I can't believe one of MY dolls will be in a movie with Morgan Freeman!


Here's the first official trailer for the movie:


Here's the IMDB information about the movie:

Now You See Me

And here's the doll I made:

Voodoo Queen Doll

I am so excited! I can't WAIT to go to the theatres when it comes out and watch for my doll in the Voodoo Shop Scene. 

I had to sign a three page contract. It was so exciting. The doll was shipped to New Orleans, since that's where they were filming the part of the movie that will include my doll. 



Learning to Make Homemade Soap!!


Yep, I want to make my own soap on a regular basis. I squirreled away supplies and bought them over the course of half a year so I'd have everything when I was ready to begin. 

I mostly want to make it for me and Tom and for gifts for friends and family. 


New Page Added! 

I added a page on how to get great free samples and freebies through the mail without having to fill our annoying surveys.

Catt's Freebie Page


And here's Catt Nips!

I used to have little tidbits and adventures about my cats on most of my auctions on eBay. I compiled them all into one section so I could share them with everyone. If you like cats, you'll enjoy Catt Nips!. 

Wow, I finally got my new legs on February 27, 2009. I have to get used to them. I haven't walked in 16 months, because of breaking my right femur. (story is below on this page). Plus, walking in these legs is totally different than anything I've ever experienced before.

But I am now the proud owner of my new C-Legs. They have amazing technology, including a microprocessor in the knee, which will enable me to walk up to 3 miles an hour. They will allow me to have freedoms I've never known before. 


I have added a new page!

Household Tips & Hints 

Tons of great tips and money-saving ideas. 



The Catt's Ugly Babies!

I have begun work on a new section on my website. It's a section dedicated to some of the dolls I've made and sold on eBay. I'll be adding the stories and pictures as often as I can. 

The Catt's Ugly Babies!


I'll be presenting dolls for sale as they become available. I don't take special orders because I simply don't have the time. But I'll do my very best to make as many available here as I can. I'm just getting started!  Take a look!



Guess what...I finally have a little handgun. My boyfriend bought it for me in October 2008. I think it's beautiful. And it's soooo tacky, but it's in my signature colors, so that's okay.


Accidents will happen!

This is long, but necessary in telling you what's going on in my life. 

I just wanted to let you know that I have an update at the end of this section.

I posted this situation of mine on a few auctions not long after this happened to me. I want to thank the  people who wrote and wished me well. Your encouragement means more to me than you know.

Now, on with the news....

OMG, girlfriends, friends, and customers, you are NOT going to believe the past few weeks I've had ...
.....on Friday, November 16, 2007 at around 9:00 in the morning, I fell and broke my right thigh bone...that's right, my femur....AS IF BEING AN AMPUTEE IN THE FIRST PLACE WASN'T BAD ENOUGH!!

What a nightmare.

Every amputee who has ever fallen and injured their real leg has had that fear of actually breaking their real leg.
It could happen.
And it DID happen with me.

It started with my newest cat Oboe.
I had gotten up that Friday morning and decided to go ahead and go to the kitchen to grind my coffee beans before coming in here to check my email.
I usually check my mail first, but that morning I didn't.

Also, I talk to my boyfriend Tom every night on the phone. We don't hang up till we're ready to go to sleep. So, I get up the next morning and bring my portable phone back in here to charge back up.
It just happens to be my favorite phone.
Bu that morning I didn't hang it back up, I carried it with me. At the time I had no idea how lucky I was to have had my phone with me.

I have never carried it with me to the kitchen before....never. Not in the morning like that. I have phones all over the house and there's no reason to carry it with me.
I remember that being one of the last thoughts in my head, that I still had my phone with me.

So, I get to the end of the hallway and Oboe comes racing down behind me. He ran between my legs and BANG...he hit me head on and it knocked me off balance.
When I went to fall back I came out of my wooden legs just enough to actually snap my right thigh bone clean in half.
And I totally heard it break, loud and clear.


.....OMG...I couldn't believe the pain. I couldn't believe what just happened.

And I cried like you wouldn't believe. I laid on my stomach, which is how I landed, and I felt down into my sweat pants, panty hose, and underwear till I could reach down my leg socket to see if I could feel 'wet' bone. I wanted to know if it protruded the skin.
It didn't, thank GOD.
I had heard it break, and felt it, so I KNEW it was broken, but I didn't know how badly it was broken.

I then sat up and pull off my pants, panty hose, and took my legs off. I'll never forget how painful that was to do.
Everything was tight, everything was heavy.
And I'll never forget holding my injured leg from underneath, picking it up, and half of it stayed on the floor.

For those who may not know, both of my legs are removed right at the knee. I've been like this since I was 5 years old. So, I've been walking on wooden legs for 47 years.

I was so upset, scared, hurt, you name it.
And it was Friday. I was to see my sweetie that night. I had such a full day ahead of me with lots to do. I even planned on listing three clown dolls that I had just made.

I didn't even have Tom's office number. We always emailed during the day. I had no way to reach him at work. I knew he had already left for work and would wonder why he wasn't hearing from me all day. So I couldn't call him at home.
I HAD to find a way to reach him to tell him what happened.
I was also upset that this ruined my upcoming Thanksgiving dinner I planned to cook for Tom.

So, right when I was trying to figure out how to get to the nearest phone, I remembered that I had been carrying the portable phone that I was talking on the night before.

I called 911.

When they got here I had the EMS guy go into my computer room and email Tom and tell him what happened. I also keep my cell phone charged up in here, so I asked the EMS guy to grab that for me, too.

So, after much Morphine and agony they got me loaded and I was on my way to Spartanburg Regional Hospital, here in Spartanburg, SC.

Tom got my message and he was at the hospital within two hours, bless his heart. He lives about an hour and a half away from me.

Then the REAL nightmare began. First, the Keystone Cops took my x-rays.
Don't even get me started.

But, to be fair, no one ever knows quite what to do with me. My legs are off right at the knees, so I'm not exactly 'textbook' in dealing with me in a lot of situations.
But I was in unbelievable pain and every time they changed their mind about a position to put me in or banged the bed into other furniture I was in total agony.
It started off with two girls doing the x-rays, then ended up with 8 people getting involved. Everyone had their own ideas and some were tried, some failed, some pictures had to be taken again and again, and all I knew was, I HURT AND WANTED IT ALL TO END.

More nightmare.....a team of doctors had no idea how to fix me. They needed to find the BEST way to set my broken femur so I could continue to wear my artificial legs, once I was healed...which could take a few months or more.
I've never gone thru anything like this before in my LIFE. Not like THIS.

So, I sat in the that hospital from Friday till Tuesday with an 'unset' broken leg. They finally knocked me out on that Tuesday and put a plastic 'whatever' on me till they could continue to figure out how to fix me.
My leg still wasn't 'set'.

Then, on Wednesday, the next day, they sent me to Greenville Memorial Hospital, about 30 minutes away. That's where the better surgeons were. And it was decided that surgery was the only way to go....rods, plates, screws, the whole bit.

This was horrible. I had no idea what to expect. I was scared. I mean, what am I going to do when I get home? I have absolutely NO family down here to help me. I live alone!

They had me so drugged up that the entire first week of my hospital stay was mostly a blur, and still is.

Then Thanksgiving arrived and Tom brought us some Cracker Barrel turkey dinners and we ate in my hospital room together. He was so good to me. He was coming all the way here to feed my cats and tend to things, as well as stay a lot of nights at my place so he could visit me. He still spent every weekend at my house. He had special privileges to stay as long as he liked, too.
Tom is an absolute ANGEL. He's my hero!

Then Friday came and they did surgery.
More OUCH.
And Tom was right there for me. When I woke up I was surprised to see that he had flowers waiting in my room for me.

So, it took exactly a week before they could set my leg properly. I sat for a week on a broken leg.

I can tell you this much, the entire nearly two weeks I was in the hospital they KEPT me on 10 mg of Dilaudid every two hours around the clock.
I hurt so bad.
I also had morphine and Lortab and Adivan.
They put me on real potent calcium tablets and I had to have Heparin shots every day so I wouldn't get a blood clot from the break in my femur.

I spent almost two weeks laying on my back. I still can't sleep in any other position. The rods and surgical areas hurt too much for me to lay any other way but on my back.

By the way.....I came home on Wednesday, November 28, 2007. And on December 3rd, 2007 I had my stitches taken out.
I feel a little better having the stitches out.

People have no clue how violent this surgery is. I'm bruised where they did the actual surgery, but not where I broke my bone. Isn't that amazing?
And the surgical areas ache more than the broken bone. THAT'S how violent and rough the surgery was in order to shove a bunch of metal rods up against my leg bones, all the way to the hip. Then, metal plates and screws hold the rods and broken bones in place so they can heal.

And, I had five places that really hurt me at any given time. I had three points of surgical entry. Then I had the actual bone break, THEN the back of my butt started hurting. And that's where they put the plate, screws, etc. So, I was always in pain somewhere. It was horrible.
Even my skin, right at the place where the bone broke, hurt and was so sensitive that even having the sheet on me at night was painful. It hurt to wear pants. And there was nothing I could do. Nothing.

But the day after coming home, when I was alone for the first time, I cried off and on all day. I kept tearing up. This situation has screwed up so many of my many.
And, it's normal to be a little depressed after something like this happens.

But I'm very limited in mobility. I can't use my sewing machine because the leg I broke is my 'machine pedal' leg. So, I have no idea how much 'sewing' I'll be able to actually do, but I'm going to keep working as much as I can. I need the money. You can't believe how expensive my meds are for something like this.
And I'm not allowed to wear my wooden legs while I heal, and this can take MONTHS. some point while in the hospital I had my last auction go off...a shelf sitter kitty, and Tom came here to my house and boxed it for me and sent it out. Isn't that sweet of him? He's never done that before...not like this. As drugged up as I was, I was able to talk him thru it over the phone.
But he had come here to my place and checked my mail for me and saw that I had a sale. He also knows that I ship out as soon as possible, after I'm paid. So, he kept my business going for me, bless his big heart.

See, even having this kind of a situation was no reason to be a deadbeat seller. The customers have to be taken care of. And I thank Tom for helping me.

It's something to think about, but I believe that any seller and even a buyer should keep some information handy for someone they trust to take care of business for them. In the past I even called people and had them write to my customers, like the time my electricity went out due to an ice storm. I had no power, no computer, nothing. So, my friend wrote to them and explained my situation.
My wonderful customers were so understanding and 57 hours later when my power was restored, I was able to ship the items out.

Anyway..... I had never in my life had to have a wheelchair, so I had to have a few days of physical therapy in the hospital so they could teach me how to use one. The hospital provided a wheelchair for me for here at home.

I hate being in a wheelchair.
I hate not walking.
I hate hurting all the time.
I hate not being 5' 9".

But, it'll end one day and I'll be back to normal.
I can get around without my legs real well, normally...but I'm injured. I still have a broken leg and I have to be it makes it all the more difficult to be in this situation.
And I can't tell you how uncomfortable this wheelchair is on that one hip. It's awful. I've put cushions in the seat, etc, but I just have to deal with it.

Oh, and I'll be having a new set of high tech legs made and I can't WAIT.
I'll tell you more about them another time. They'll blow your mind. I'll finally be The Bionic Woman!!
I haven't had a new pair of legs in over 18, I'm more than overdue. I just take really good care of them. They are very expensive and I make them last as long as possible.
And my new Bionic legs? Try $40,000 EACH. Yes, you read that right.

I'm just glad I don't have to wear a cast. It would be much harder to get around if I had a cast on that leg. Not to mention that in order to keep it on it would have to go to my waist.

I remember that being one discussion when the doctors were figuring out what to do with me. But they had to get this right because my legs have to be able to manage wooden legs. If it doesn't heal right they'll have to re-break my leg and start over.
I pray that doesn't happen, so I'm being as careful as possible.

I'm in a little less pain with each passing day. I'm amazed at how well I've adapted to my wheelchair and at getting things done around here. I've not been working on dolls, but I have been cleaning and organizing around the house.
I get around much easier and better OUT of the chair than I do IN it. It's very uncomfortable on my leg and hips. But, I deal with it.

But I can tell you, there's NO WAY I'd have this much mobility if I were in a cast. I'm glad I had the surgery.

Tom arrived on the weekend of my hospital release, as usual. He was a huge help to me over the weekend. He's an absolute angel.
He went to the grocery store for me and has done all sorts of things around here that I can't do myself.
He even cooked breakfast and dinner for me.
I can do a lot, and I'm VERY independent, but I can't do EVERYTHING.

So, I can't drive my truck, can't go to the stores, can't do the things I'm used to doing. I'm stuck here till the weekends when Tom arrives.
When I say I'm alone down here, I'm really alone. I have no family at all. And my girlfriend lives a half hour away from me. And she's getting ready to go to Germany for a few weeks.

I stay busy, and this week I hope to get back to work on some dolls. I had finished three more ugly clown dolls to list and was going to list them during the afternoon of November 16th....before Tom's arrival.
But things sure didn't work out that way, did they?

I had a very surreal moment that first week. I was gathering garbage from my little garbage cans from around the house and reached the one in my laundry area, which is just a few feet from where I fell.
I looked in and saw all these syringes and 'blister' packs and medical debris. I was puzzled. Then it dawned on me....those things were used on ME.
I had forgotten.
I had forgotten so many things about the morning this happened. The EMS had given me my IV and Morphine and all kinds of stuff before ever getting me off the floor. And now I remember the EMS guy asking me if I had a trash can.
It's obvious to me that those were the things he was throwing away.

I just can't describe how strange it was to find those things and that I forgot they were used on me.
I suppose that's what trauma will do to someone, huh?

There are millions of little details and funny things, as well as scary things. Tom and I have a wicked good sense of humor and we've found so much to laugh about and have fun with.
So this is the gist of what's been going on in my life in the past few weeks.

Things are going to be better, and I'm going to be just fine. And my new legs, when I eventually get them, will make my life even BETTER!

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's newest Bionic woman.
Catt Alexander will be that woman.
Better than she was before.
Better, stronger, faster."


Well, here it is January 8, 2008. Lots of positive updates to tell you about.
First of all, I can use my sewing machine. I just put the pedal under my broken leg, apply pressure, and I'm in sewing heaven. No, it doesn't hurt. So, I'm back in business!

On January 10th I go to the doctors for my first x-rays since the surgery. I hope all is well, and I suspect it is. Otherwise, it's back to surgery for me. But trust me, I'm VERY careful.

I'm in almost no pain at all now. Once in a while the place behind my butt starts to hurt while I sleep and I'll take a half of a Lortab and I'm fine. So, I'm almost completely pain pill free. I don't need much of a pain pill in order for it to help me. I don't like the euphoric feelings it gives, so I really want to be off the things as soon as I can.

I'm back to cooking and almost all the things I was doing BEFORE this nightmare began. I take care of my home and do as much as I can on my own. I clean, cook, do dishes, change the bed sheets, vacuum, sweep, do the litter box, sew, make dolls, clean the bathrooms, do laundry, etc.

And, as of last Thursday, January 3rd, I am driving my truck again.
Yep, that's right.
However, I'm very limited.
I can't leave my truck, so I'm limited to drive-thru windows. But I can go pick up my own RX's now at the pharmacies. I can also go to the bank.

Wanna know how I do it? I leave my wheelchair behind in the house, go outside with my little gray step-stool-toolbox, push it out to the passenger side of my truck while scooting on my butt, then I get onto the toolbox, get in the truck, bring up the toolbox into the truck onto the floorboard, slide over to the driver's side, buckle up, start up the truck, release the emergency break, and I'm off to take care of business.
It goes without saying that my truck is equipped with hand controls, so I don't need legs in order to drive.

(Actually, since writing how much I'll miss the living room, I decided to STAY in the living room. So, now my living room IS my bedroom. It's awesome!)

More Update!

Here it is February 26, 2009 and I'm STILL in this damned wheelchair. But not for long. Tomorrow I FINALLY get my new C-Legs.


I tried the legs on last week and they were incredible. Tomorrow, before I can leave the leg clinic with them I have to have them calibrated with a computer. I'm amazed at what these legs can do. I'll be able to walk up to 3 miles an hour. I'll be able to go down steps foot over foot, just like everyone else. I can't even imagine that.

I'll also be able to sit down in a chair without holding onto anything. How cool is THAT! 

And I have to plug the legs into an electrical outlet each night because the legs have a Lithium battery.  And I'll also have an adaptor to plug into the cigarette lighter in my truck. That way I can charge my legs up while out and about, if necessary.

And, since I'll be going to Paris, France in a little less than two years from now, I'm getting the European adaptors for plugging my legs up at night.

These legs will give me freedoms I've never had before. They are made for active amputees, which I am. And they are also made to deal with varying terrains. One of the biggest downfalls of being an amputee is that I have to constantly navigate each step, every place I go, and I have to look down on the ground in order to walk so I can watch for things that might trip me up. I never get to window shop, look around, smile at people while walking, etc.

But now I'll be able to. I'll be able to ENJOY walking instead of just getting from Point A to Point B. 

I'll be back with updates when I have more news. I'm still working on updating my entire website. There's so much to do here.

Even MORE Update!

YAY...I got my new legs! I got my new legs. And boy, do I have a lot of work to do. I haven't walked in 15 months. And last night (today is February 28, 2009) I put the legs on at the leg clinic so I could be calibrated with the computer, and my lower back muscles were KILLING me. 

I know it'll take some time to get used to being erect and walking, but I'll get there. I'm not the kind of person to give up. These legs are totally different than anything I've ever had before. I have to walk differently, sit down differently, you name it. But I'm very excited to get 'good at walking' again and get on with my life. 

As soon as I left the leg clinic Tom and I went up the street to our favorite sub shop called The Real Deal. They make the BEST Philly Cheesesteak Subs. 

Dana, our favorite cook, was there to see me walk in there for the first time in 15 months. This was also the first place Tom and I visited when I broke my leg and was finally released from the hospital to go home. We stopped at The Real Deal on the way home.

And, the night I broke my leg and was in the emergency room at the hospital, Tom went to The Real Deal for subs to bring back to the hospital. We were starving and I hadn't had a bite to eat all day, since I broke my leg before breakfast. 

So, as I stated, I have a lot of work to do in order to get back to normal...actually, BETTER than normal. I'll keep you updated!


What's New Or Re-Vamped?


As I said on my homepage (and in a paragraph above) divorce was final as of September 1, 2006 and I've begun my new life. It'll take me a while to update this website and get my ex- husband off of here. 

I won't take my ex-husband off of here altogether. There were trips and projects we did together and it provides useful information. Besides, I don't 'hate' him. I don't love him, but we're not enemies. The only problem me and Les have is his new wife. She's super jealous and won't let Les near me. And she hates when Les and I have to talk on the phone.



A Book Written by Whisper!

"Phantom Whispers"

I am so proud of my girlfriend Whisper! She has written a FANTASTIC poetry book and if you are interested you can see it by following the link.

Click here for "Phantom Whispers"

New Pages!

As I re-build my website, I'm also taking the opportunity to add some pages and sections. 

More will be coming along soon....I'm working on it when I can!! 


My great friend Whisper finally got her section up with her incredible graphics. I already knew she was a genius and brilliant, but I wanted all of you to know it, too!...and now you can see her work. 

And while you're there, see if you can slip around to her front door and see how stunning her site is. She still has the most beautiful site I have ever seen. She will be adding her new graphics as she builds them. Check back often. 



For the 'Abuse Hurts' visitors

I am have gained the courage to write 'The Secret Story'. It was very difficult for me, as it brought up very uncomfortable issues, but one that needed to be told. I wanted to write it in hopes that someone who has gone through similar situations will know that someone understands...and I do understand. Sometimes 'understanding' is the greatest gift you can give someone. No one has all of the answers, if any, but understanding is a loving embrace. I wrote this for the visitors I get from the Abuse Hurts website.....I wanted to share my story with them.

 I also offer a Survivor's Gift for survivors of abuse of all kinds. Please help yourself.


Everything that was used on my site, which wasn't my own original, was used with permission, providing I put a credit/logo link back to the site from where it was furnished. I have no way of knowing or controlling where other people obtained these items. If you notice that something belongs to you or someone you know, please notify me immediately and I will either give the proper credit or remove the item from my site.  Thank you......The Catt.